Mar 4, 2008

Falling apart.

Disillusionment is a weird thing.It makes you feel notblind anymore.That's a kind of empowerment, I guess.But,it also makes a little void somewhere in you. Something irreplacable that's lost.
Like a child's wonder at magic tricks.

There are so many pedestals to take down ... so many old heroes to dismantle... to put away in some hidden folds of nostalgia, away from the harsh,uncompromising glare of light.Of intellect?

All around me I see empty pedestals.That once housed my very own gods.
Perhaps in the end, nothing will be left...not even the altars of worship.

Disillusionment is very lonely.Isn't it?

5 comments:

rukmini said...

But...is "disillusionment" not avoidable?

Doubletake, Doublethink. said...

i just gave a most terrible history paper and have officially lost faith in man's existence.

so yes, today's little bit of disillusionment. i seem to find a parallel with every post of yours :)

The Mad Girl said...

Yes. And what's worse is that it is an integral part of growing up.And grow up you must!:-(

CheshireCat said...

@rukmini...
I hope and wish so...
but right now, it seems kinds unavoidable.

@doubletake,doublethink
ah yes, history papers do that to you.
:)

@the mad girl
I guess.

Rhea Silvia said...

@the mad girl,
Why must we? Wish I was Peter Pan.

@doubletake, doublethink,
Yes, History does that to you every single time. *pets*

@rukimini,
It is? Tell me how?