May 5, 2009

Yearning.

Summer has taken over the city.
It has seeped into its very core, through the city walls, past layers of sweat, grime and memories. Its soul breathes summer now. And longs for rain.
The air is heavy with an overpowering languor which carries at its heart a tiny flicker of restlessness.
And I dream.
Of sitting on a suitcase, on a top of a bus racing through open roads. Wind in my hair, an old song playing in my head.
Of quiet cafe corners in old, walled cities and warm afternoons littered with pens and notebooks.
Of tiny, unexpected alleys laden with smells: of spices, of incense and of the river.
Of a cabin on a mountain, crafted from mist, fern and rain.

And I yearn.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You won't even travel inside a bus and you're dreaming of sitting on top of a bus? Yeah, right.

Arse Poetica said...

Your yearning is very touching, but tell me that you want to do these things in not 40 degrees but 20 degrees celsius.

On a sober note, this is extremely lovely. Brilliantly written. But you know that already, you sly puss. :P

Shree said...

"Of tiny, unexpected alleys laden with smells: of spices, of incense and of the river." -- Don't know why this reminds me of God of Small Things. Visualise kore mone holo.

"Of a cabin on a mountain, crafted from mist, fern and rain." - oh my gawd, that makes ME yearn. I wish I could fly.

CheshireCat said...

@anonymous
Obviously.
The top of the bus is so much better than the inside.

@Ahona
Yes, yes, of course. 'Warm', not 'boiled to death'. :P

@Lonestar
:)

Anonymous said...

So you think....

storyteller said...

Haha at what anonymous said! Thats really funny, but on another note this is exactly that kind of writing we were talking about ,the dreamy ,oh so amazingly romantic sort, no?But eventhough I've been mean enough to laugh at what anon here has said,I love your quaint,thoughtful reflections :D

Shree said...

"Visualize" and not visualise.
"Reminded" and not reminds.

From: The Typo Queen :P
Also, I think I know this anon. Kemon chena chena lagitechhe :)