Nov 15, 2007

There's something in the air today...that crisp chill in the wind perhaps, or the faded autumn leaves that triggers off memories.Memories tucked safely away in the pages of an adolescent diary, smelling of november mornings.
This was the time of School when everything fell into place: exams, Sports Day and Fete.I remember a blur of brick-red cardigans, arrays of paint, glitter and trailing ribbons... spreading oneself comfortably on the sun-soaked corridors preparing posters for the school fete. I remember sqabbles over which paint to use and absent-minded sqiggles with wet paint on the floor.I remember the frantic waving of arms during the sports day drill and the proud pinning of 'Volunteer' badges at the edge of my collar.I remember fresh laughter, soda pop and the occasional wild dancing on excursion trips. I remember linking arms and strolling on the playground with 'bestfriends' and whispering secrets under the staircase...
I remember the texture of those winter mornings... and the warmth that laced their ends.

There's something in the air today that triggers off old memories.
A snatch of an old song i heard playing somewhere...
"dancing bears, painted moons
things i almost remember
and a song someone sings
Once upon a December"

4 comments:

Bone said...

writing like pictures :)
and i used to love that song too.

Rhea Silvia said...

Gods, princess, why are those memories suddenly so poignant and those days so distant when it's barely been a year?

CheshireCat said...

@rhea
it's been more than years...it's been quite a lifetime since we used to do those things...when was the last time we did them?

Anonymous said...

i remember 'sun-soaked corridors' too...and i miss them.

i love this post!